The Software Solutions Engineer is responsible for installing and troubleshooting Pacific Office Automation's document management solutions. In this position you will work with a wide range of external clients and sales representatives. We are looking for candidates who are technically minded, have good follow through, are team players and excel at customer service.
- Installing, Configuring, and maintaining software solutions.
- Training end users on use of software solutions.
- Working with software development team.
- Documenting day to day activities in company ticketing (CRM) software.
- Performing software maintenance and updates.
- Professional work ethic.
- Strong customer service skills and great phone etiquette.
- Ability to listen to customers and develop a software solution configuration that meets their needs.
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN concepts including application layer protocols (e.g. SNMP)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server OS.
- Experience with MS-Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and also in a dynamic team environment.
- Good understanding of Microsoft SQL.
- Good Understanding of .NET Framework.
- Network + Certification.
- Security + Certification.
- Associates degree or higher a plus.
- 1 year of customer service experience a plus.
As an Employee at POA, you’ll enjoy:
- Team-player environment.
- Aggressive 401k program 100% match since 1987.
- Full benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision.
- FSA programs.
Pacific Office Automation started in 1976 in Portland, Oregon, selling copy machines. Over forty years later, we are a recognized leader in office management solutions, offering state-of-the-art technology and award-winning customer service that has helped us grow to 25 offices throughout Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho and Colorado. Our phenomenal growth and reputation in the industry have created opportunities for a Software Support Technician at our Portland headquarters.