If you are a problem solver who is detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking, we want to talk to you! We are seeking an IT Sales Engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. This position offers a full benefit package which includes matched 401k, full health/dental/vision insurance, FSA programs and more.
Major Goals as an IT Sales Engineer:
- Ability to identify customer needs, correct solution for customer success and correct alignment with Company technology stack.
- Ability to consistently close deals and meet or exceed sales budget.
- Consistently support relationship sales representative to grow customer base.
- Coordinate customer on boarding and implementation with customers and for the team.
As an IT Sales Engineer, your duties will include:
- Assisting in securing appointments with CEO/CFO or COO for initial qualifying meetings.
- Conducting pre-assessment planning and checklist preparation based on knowledge of account and needs.
- Participating in internal Team Decision meetings to evaluate customer opportunity to discern if fit for Company based on ideal customer criteria.
- Deploying technical onboarding team to assist with conducting customer environment assessments.
- Identifying steps necessary to stabilize customer environment and devising a plan to align solution, budget and timeline.
- Planning proposal delivery, developing customer presentations, and assisting in writing case studies.
- Effectively document customer assessment and solutions for reference.
- Resolving customer issues and identifying product issues.
- Acting as a customer advocate by attending weekly scheduling meeting to ensure appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer timing
Sales Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years selling managed services.
- Understands common SMB business/technology needs.
- Able to sell value by helping others see the need for a comprehensive managed IT solution.
- Average to advanced understanding of various IT concepts (networking, server administration, and back-up disaster recovery)
- Effectively use a consultative sales approach and proven ability to close deals.
- Proactive problem solving attitude that allows the individual to readily identify potential problems and ask pertinent questions to get to the core of the problem.
- Able to effectively collaborate with personnel from other departments and external personnel.
- Able to have confidence in ability to overcome objections and close sales.
Pacific Office Automation is a recognized leader in office management solutions, offering state-of-the-art technology and award-winning customer service. We have grown to 25 office throughout 8 states – Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho and Colorado. We are the largest private dealership in the nation, and one of the world’s largest dealers for Konica Minolta copiers, printers, faxes and multifunctional devices. Yet our focus remains local.
We are a company with deep roots in the West, employing 1000+ hard-working men and women. We are dedicated to supporting the communities in which we operate, including many philanthropic efforts to support academics and athletics.